Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
What is Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)?
More than 3 million people are diagnosed with BPD every year and it often develops from early childhood traumatic experiences that include parental neglect, abuse, and abandonment. Are you or someone you love experiencing:
- Emotional instability & intense mood swings
- Uncontrollable anger/rage
- Intense emotions & extreme reactions to stressful events
- Feelings of emptiness
- Lack of boundaries
- Deep insecurity & fear of abandonment
- Unstable relationships
- Impulsive & reckless behaviors
- Intense & highly changeable moods
- Distorted & unstable sense of identity or self
- Recurring suicidal thoughts/threats/attempts
- Dissociation or "out of body" feeling
If so, therapy can help. The good new is our personalities develop and can change over time, and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) can help you:
- Manage emotions & responses to stressful events in a healthier way
- Develop healthy coping skills
- Set healthy boundaries
- Develop stable & healthy relationships
- Manage realtionship stress & difficulties
- Develop self-value, self-worth, self-esteem, & self-confidence
- Stop self-harmful behaviors
How does DBT work?
DBT can give you new skills to manage painful emotions, destructive behaviors, and conflicts in relationships. DBT focuses on the four key areas below to transform problem feelings and behaviors into positive outcomes.
- Mindfulness: improve your ability to accept and be present in the current moment.
- Distress Tolerance: increase your tolerance of negative emotions rather than trying to escape from them.
- Emotion Regulation: manage and change intense emotions that are causing problems in your life.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: communicate with others in a way that's assertive, maintains self-respect, and strengthens relationships instead of damaging them.
If you recognize any of the symptoms above, I invite you to call for a free phone consultation to explore how therapy can help you gain control over your emotions and your life.