Post traumatic stress and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) are conditions where a person has difficulty overcoming anxiety and fear related to a traumatic event. One may experience flashbacks, intrusive thoughts and memories, nightmares, depression, sleep disturbances, physical symptoms, and in severe cases panic, rage, paranoid thoughts, and dissociation.
There are many types of experiences that can cause trauma in a person's life. Some of the most common types include:
- Adverse childhood experiences (ACEs)
- Critical, unpredictable, or alcoholic parent or home environment as a child
- Childhood neglect or abandonment
- Mental, emotional, verbal, physical, & sexual abuse
- Domestic violence
- Harrassment & being stalked or threatened
- Natural disasters
- Car accidents
- Animal attacks
- Witness to a traumatic event
- Unresolved emotionally painful events
Any traumatic event can affect a person's mental health and quality of life. Often, the brain becomes overwhelmed and does not properly process or "store" these traumatic memories, which causes the mental health symptoms listed above.
As a Certified Basic Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) practitioner, I help clients process distressful thoughts and memories, and resolve emotional pain related to their traumatic event. What's unique about this type of trauma therapy is that you do not have to talk about your trauma if you don't want to. ART is also unique in that it rapidly resolves mental and emotional pain typically within 1-5 sessions.
To learn more about how ART Rapid Recovery works in the brain from developer Laney Rosenzweig, click here for a short video. To learn more about how ART can help you, click here for another short video.
ART therapy is for you if:
- You've tried other trauma therapies without success
- You avoid therapy because you don't want to keep talking about what happened to you
- You're tired of feeling overwhelmed, fearful, anxious, & hopeless
- You want to stop thinking about what happened to you
- You want to feel at peace & move forward in your life
- You want to find a solution that doesn't involve medication